With a history spanning over 60 years we would like to encourage all Old Boys & Friends to remain involved in the College community, attend College activities or to just stay in touch or locate lost friends.
2015 saw the commencement of the Old Boys & Friends Association looking to take over where the original Alumni left off, the Association is slightly different than the original Alumni as it is focused on incorporating the College Community as a whole.
- Facilitate an ongoing relationship within the greater college community, and establish and maintain a sense of belonging and inclusiveness to St Edmund’s College Canberra
- Encourage social interaction between its members and the college community, inclusive of the facilitation of College reunions
- Provide or assist in the provision of facilities for academic, sporting and cultural awareness within the College
- To preserve, promote and strengthen the ideals, traditions, and history of the College
- To raise the level of pride in being an Eddies Old Boy
- Raise the level of pride and awareness amongst current students that former students and friends are involved in the school community
- Assist those in the Eddies community who are in need
The Association aims to bring together the school community with a regular newsletter, which includes a range of events each year for us to catch up, have a laugh and return some support to the school. Initial plans include Eddies’ sporting game catch ups, a golf day, community day, luncheons and dinners.
Commencement date for the Association was 25 July 2015. Invitations were sent out to invite all Old Boys & Friends to become a member. You are welcome to just join to receive the communications as there is no pressure to attend events. Please spread the word to anyone you think may be interested in being involved. Your help would be appreciated.